Unit Test, Part 2
Answer the question below. You may use the periodic table in the Chemistry: Problems and Solutions book for this test. When you have finished, submit this assignment to your teacher by the due date for full credit.
- What is the balanced form of the following equation?
Br2 + S2O32– + H2O → Br1– + SO42– + H+
- Here is a chemical equation:
CH4 + O2 → CO2 + H2O
- Balance this chemical equation.
- State what type of chemical reaction this is.
- What will accompany the products as a result of this reaction?
- Discuss how your balanced chemical equation agrees with the law of conservation of mass.
- For each of the following types of reactions, write a general reaction formula in the symbolic form—for example, A + B → AB.
- Provide two written definitions of an oxidation-reduction reaction and for each definition tell which reactant is reduced and which is oxidized. Then tell which of the two definitions is the most comprehensive.
___ of 25
- For each of the compounds of sulfur below, write the oxidation number of sulfur in the compound.