Using the lab manual and provided excel data, calculate the chloride concentration in the unknown solution, seawater solution, and answer all supplementary questions.
Attach all neatly completed math, both sigmoidal/derrivative graphs, and tables.
- What is the function of salt bridge?
- Why do we need to try NaCl in an oven at a temperature above 125 oC for 2 hours?
2. Please write the half reactions and their corresponding Nernst equations.
- Why do we need the first derivative curve to calculate the equivalence point?
- What other methods you could be used to determine the chloride concentration in an unknown solution?