- The density of cylindrical object weighs 1.94 g/mL. What volume does the 3.00g object occupy?
- Answer the following questions based on the techniques used in Experiment 3: Separation of a Mixture
- Using Chemsketch drawing software draw two of the three apparatus used to separate the mixture in Experiment 3: Separation of a Solid. Develop a flow chart to separate the mixture in Experiment 3.
- A mixture contained 0 .8 grams of salt, 1.3g of SiO2, and 2.5g of NH4Cl. What is the percent composition of the mixture?
- A sample of a substance was determined and contained 1.0g of Mg and 1.75g of O. What is the empirical formula?
- Use the figure below to answer the following questions. Show all work for full credit. (20 pts)
- Write the neutralization reaction for this experiment.
- Calculate the concentration of acetic acid in flask A.
- Calculate the concentration of acetic acid in flask B.
- Calculate the concentration of acetic acid in flask C.
- Determine which concentration/flask should be used to calculate the percentage of acetic acid in our vinegar. Calculate the percentage of acetic acid. Assume the density of vinegar is 1.00g/mL.
- 11.0g of zinc metal is heated to 100⁰C is placed in 100.0 g of water (The initial temperature if the water was 25.5⁰C). The final temperature of the water after is 27⁰C. Calculate the heat gained by the water. (10 pts)
- Use the figure below to answer the following questions
0.6g of a new cyanine dye A is used to make 200mL of a solution. What is the concentration of the dye? (15 pts)
- How are percent transmittance and absorbance related mathematically? What would be the absorbance of a sample with 20% transmittance? (10 pts)