- A sample of helium gas has a volume of 2.63 L at 29°C. What volume will it occupy at 102°C if the pressure and number of mol are constant? Enter your answer in the provided box.
o _______ L
- Determine the volume when a 2.00-L sample of N2(g) is heated from 60.0C to 330C. Enter
your answer below. o ________L
- If 4.46 L of gas at 10C and 3.93 atm is compressed at a pressure of 144 atm and 48C,
calculate the new volume of the gas. o ________L
- A balloon filled with helium gas occupies 2.50 L at 25C and 1.00 atm. When released, it rises to an altitude where the temperature is 20C and the pressure is only 0.10 atm.
- Cyclopropane, C3H6, is used as a general anesthetic. If a sample of cyclopropane stored in a 2.75−L container at 10.2 atm and 25.0°C is transferred to a 5.73−L container at 5.75 atm, what is the resulting temperature? o ________C
- A balloon filled with helium gas at 1.00 atm occupies 11.9 L. What volume would the balloon occupy in the upper atmosphere, at a pressure of 0.17 atm and constant temperature?
- If a compressed air cylinder for scuba diving contains 2.0 L of gas at 18°C and 160.
atm pressure, what volume does the gas occupy at 1.0 atm and 25°C?
- A sample of gas originally occupies 27.80 L at 0.00°C. What is its new volume when it is heated to 23.00°C? (Assume constant pressure.) o _________L
- At what temperature (in °C) will a sample of gas occupy 91.8 L if it occupies 50.0 L at 85.0°C? (Assume constant pressure.) o _________C
- Calculate the volume of a sample of gas at 5.25 atm if it occupies 5.24 L at 2.19 atm.
(Assume constant temperature.) o ________L
- A gas-filled balloon with a volume of 2.55 L at 1.20 atm and 20°C is allowed to rise to the stratosphere (about 30 km above the surface of the Earth), where the temperature and pressure are −23°C and 3.00 × 10−3 atm, respectively. Calculate the final volume of the balloon.
- A sample of helium gas has a volume of 1.03 L at 179 K and 6.00 atm. When the gas is compressed to 0.105 L at 60.0 atm, the temperature increases markedly. What is the final temperature?
- If 5.65 mol of CO occupy 20.8 L, how many L will 16.5 mol of CO occupy at the same
temperature and pressure? o _________L of CO
- Calculate the number of mol of helium in a 2.53-L balloon at 27C and 2.44 atm of pressure.
- A sample of nitrogen gas, stored in a 3.69-L container at 32.0C, exerts a pressure of 5.72 atm. Calculate the number of moles of nitrogen gas in the container. o _______Mol
- Calculate the volume of 47.0 g of carbon dioxide at STP.
- How many grams of O2 gas occupy 12.0 L at STP.
- An automobile airbag inflates when NaN3 is converted to Na and N2 according to the equation, 2 NaN3 → 2 Na + 3 N2. What volume (in L) of N2 would be produced if 151 g of NaN3 completely reacted at STP?
- A gas (4.0 g) occupies 11.2 L at 2.00 atm and 273K. What is the molar mass of the gas?
What is the identity of the gas? o Molar mass=______ g/mol o The gas is helium
- An unknown amount of gas occupies 82.0 L at 3.22 atm and 298K. How many moles does the sample contain? What is the mass if the gas is helium? What is the mass if the gas is argon? o ________ mol
oo If the gas is helium: ______gIf the gas is argon: _______g
- How many liters does 63.0 g of O2 occupy at STP?
- Calculate the volume of 7.3 g N2 at STP.o _________L
- Determine the molar mass of a gas with density of 2.2108 g/L at 80.00C and exactly 1 atm.
- At STP, 0.285 L of a gas weighs 0.399 g. Calculate the molar mass of the gas. o _________g/mol
- A mixture of gases contains 0.330 mol of C2H6, and 0.290 mol C3H8. The total pressure is 1.25 atm. Calculate the partial pressures of the gases. o A) CH4 _______atm o B) C2H6_______atm o C) C3H8 _______atm.
- At STP, 0.283 L of a gas weighs 0.590 g. Calculate the molar mass of the gas.
o ________ g/mol
- A piece of dry ice (solid CO2) weighing 12.2 g is placed in a 0.300-L bottle filled with air at 0.968 atm and 548.4C. The bottle is capped, and the dry ice changes to gas. What is the final pressure inside the bottle? o ________atm
- Liquid nitrogen trichloride is heated in a 1.25-L closed reaction vessel until it decomposes completely to gaseous elements. The resulting mixture exerts a pressure of 819 mmHg at 94C.
What is the partial pressure of each gas in the container.
o A) Pressure of N2: ________ torr o B) Pressure of Cl2: ________ torr
- How many moles of gaseous arsine (AsH3) occupy 0.679 L at STP?
- ________ mol AsH3
- What is the density of gaseous arsine? _________ g/L
- Calculate the molar mass of a gas at 428 torr and 67C if 206 ng occupies 0.206 uL.
- _______ g/mol
- After 0.600 L of Ar at 1.48 atm and 206C is mixed with 0.200 L of O2 at 381 torr and 110C in a 400.-mL flask at 21C, what is the pressure in the flask?
- _______ atm.
- On a certain winter day in Utah, the average atmospheric pressure is 709 torr. What is the molar density (in mol/L) of the air if the temperature is -29C? o _______ mol/L
- A sample of air contains 78.08% nitrogen, 20.94% oxygen, 0.0500% carbon dioxide, and 0.930% argon by volume. How many molecules of each gas are present in 9.54 L of t he sample at 86C and 1.19 atm?
- ________ x10__ molecules N2 o ________ x10__ molecules O2 o ________ x10__ molecules CO2 o ________ x10__ molecules Ar.
- Hemoglobin is the protein that transports O2 through the blood from the lungs to the rest of the body. In doing so, each molecule of hemoglobin combines with four molecules of O2. If 1.23 g of hemoglobin combines with 1.87 mL of O2 at 37C and 741 torr, what is the molar mass of hemoglobin? o ________x10__ g/mol
- Determine the number of moles of each gas present in a mixture of CH4 and C2H6 in a 1.50-L vessel at 25C and 1.78 atm, given that the partial pressure of CH4 is 0.39 atm.
- What is the number of moles of CH4? ______ mol o What is the number of moles of C2H6? _____ mol.
- The empirical formula for a compound is CH. At 200C, 0.290 g of this compound occupies 97.2 mL at a pressure of 0.74 atm. What is the molecular formula of the compound?