Sort # _______ Name _______________________ Date _____________ Instructor _______________
Chem 110: Quiz 11 (~25 Minutes)
Directions: Write answers in the spaces provided. Report all answers to the appropriate number of significant figures and with the correct units. SHOW ALL WORK!
Required Questions (practice pp. 236-240)
- How many joules of heat are required to raise the temperature of 10.1 grams H2O gas from 101°C to 213°C?
Achievement Questions (practice pp. 236-240)
- An unknown mass of aluminum at 85°C is added to 49.0 g of water at 17°C. What is the mass of the Al if the final temperature of the mixture is 31°C?
- A 2.50-gram sample of unknown material changes temperature from 16.4°C to 84.1°C when 22 calories of heat are added. What is the heat capacity of this unknown material?
- How many joules of heat are needed to vaporize 4.50 kg of liquid water at exactly 100°C?
- What is the density of gaseous C2H2 at 2.46 atm and 84°C?
- A 9.10-gram sample of O2 gas at −48°C gains 340. calories of heat. What is the final temperature of the gaseous oxygen?
“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” Aristotle