- In the following reaction, which species is reduced?
2K + Br2 →2K+ + 2Br–
- Arrange the following in order of increasing oxidation number of the sulfur atom
- The oxidation number of the sulfur atom in the SO 2/4– ion is
4 .A half-reaction
involves a change in the oxidation state of an element.
always contains H2O molecules.
always contains H+ ions.
All of the above
- In the following reaction, which is the oxidizing agent? AgNO2+ Cl2 + 2KOH → AgNO3 + 2KCl + H2O
- What are the oxidation states (in increasing order) of the element that undergoes disproportionation in the following reaction:
Cl2 + H2O → HCl + HOC
Which reaction is a redox reaction?
Al2O3 + 6HCl → 2AlCl3+ 3H2O
2HCO–3 → CO2+ CO 2/3 – + H2O
SiBr4 +3H2O → H2SiO3 + 4HBr
H2O + PbO2 → NaOH + KCl → KClO + NaPb(OH)
Which answer contains the correct information about the following reaction:
2Pb(NO3)2 → 2PbO + 4NO2– + O2
This reaction is a decomposition reaction and not a redox reaction.
This reaction is a redox reaction in which the lead is reduced and the oxygen is oxidized.
This reaction is a disproportionation reaction.
This reaction is a redox reaction in which the nitrogen is reduced and the oxygen is oxidized